You are currently browsing the monthly archive for September 2010.
In this video, some Westlaw HK customers explain how the new Westlaw HK is already making a difference to their legal research and practice efficiency and how it is starting to help the legal profession deliver “confident and succint advice” to its clients.
Contact us today to request a trial of the New Westlaw HK
Tel: +852 3762 3222
Never before has UK case history been made so clear for the Hong Kong legal profession. Users of Westlaw HK can now benefit from the unique Graphical History feature included in the Case Analysis section of the UK Cases content.
Bring clarity to complex cases with Westlaw UK’s Graphical History option, which displays litigation histories as flow charts.
Cases are displayed top to bottom by level of court and left to right in chronological order.
This graphic can also be downloaded to your computer as a PDF.
Graphical History is part of the UK Case Analysis section which is included as part of the core UK Primary Law Add-on to Westlaw HK.
Take a trial of Westlaw HK today to find out more…
Email us at email@example.com
Telephone us on +852 3762 3222
The following cases from The Authorised Hong Kong Law Reports & Digest (HKLRD) service are now available on Westlaw HK:
- Fineway Properties Ltd v Sin Ho Yuen Victor,  4 HKLRD 1, CACV 95/2009, 28-May-10
- Iqbal Shahid v Secretary for Justice,  4 HKLRD 12, CACV 53 and 54/2009, 31-May-10
- SMM v TWM (Child: Relocation),  4 HKLRD 37, CACV 209/2009, 9-Jun-10
- Re Estate of Mui Yim Fong,  4 HKLRD 69, CACV 200/2008, 2-Jul-10
- Demery v Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd,  4 HKLRD 99, HCA 1327/2009, 2-Jul-10
- HKSAR v Chan Li Fat,  4 HKLRD 109, CACC 308/2009, 2-Jul-10
- Re Wako Giken (HK) Co Ltd,  4 HKLRD 121, HCCW 691/2009, 6-Jul-10
- Re Lo Shiu Mui (No 2),  4 HKLRD 135, HCB 10596/2007, 14-Jul-10
- 香港特別行政區 訴 何志輝,  4 HKLRD 147, HCMA 1101/2008, 2009年6月17日
- HKSAR v Ho Chi Fai,  4 HKLRD 151, HCMA 1101/2008, 26-Jun-09
- 香港特別行政區 訴 賴錦儀,  4 HKLRD 157, CACC 120/2009, 2010年1月8日
- HKSAR v Lai Kam Yee Teresa,  4 HKLRD 165, CACC 120/2009, 8-Jan-10
- 香港特別行政區 訴 陳得偉,  4 HKLRD 177, HCMA 841/2009, 2010年5月28日
- HKSAR v Chan Tak Wai,  4 HKLRD 182, HCMA 841/2009, 28-May-10
- Practice Direction 3.5 – Applications in Writing in the Companies Court,  4 HKLRD 189, 27-Apr-10
- 實務指示 3.5 – 提交公司法庭的書面申請,  4 HKLRD 190, 2010年4月27日
To access these cases please click on the citation (login to Westlaw HK with your username and password for seamless access).
The following cases from The Authorised Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal Reports (HKCFAR) service are now available on Westlaw HK:
- Akai Holdings Ltd v Ernst & Young, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 649, FACV 28/2008, 24-Feb-09
- Yu Yu Kai v Chan Chi Keung, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 705, FACV 11/2008, 2-Mar-09
- Ming An Insurance Co (HK) Ltd v Ritz-Carlton Ltd (No 2), (2009) 12 HKCFAR 745, FACV 21/2008, 9-Mar-09
- Leung Wai Lun v HKSAR, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 754, FAMC 40/2003, 26-Mar-09
- To Shu Fai v Securities & Futures Commission, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 758, FACC 3/2008, 26-Mar-09
- Chan Fat Chu Raymond v HKSAR, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 775, FACC 7/2008, 26-Mar-09
- Robert Yip v Wing Fai Construction Co Ltd, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 800, FACV 24/2008, 12-May-09
- Re Ping An Securities Ltd, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 808, FACV 26/2008, 12-May-09
- Kao, Lee & Yip v Donald Koo Hoi Yan, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 830, FACV 27/2007, 25-Jun-09
- Yeung Chun Pong v Secretary for Justice, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 867, FACC 8/2008, 25-Jun-09
- Wong Hon Sun v HKSAR, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 877, FACC 1/2009, 24-Jul-09
- Donald Koo Hoi Yan v Kao Lee & Yip, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 904, FACV 27/2007, 14-Sep-09
- Onway Engineering Ltd v Shun Wing Construction & Engineering Co Ltd, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 916, FAMV 18/2009, 14-Sep-09
- Leung Ka Lau v Hospital Authority, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 924, FACV 22 and 23/2008, 20-Oct-09
- Lau Luen Hung Thomas v Insider Dealing Tribunal, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 955, FAMV 46/2009, 4-Dec-09
- Pasa Danaville Dizon v HKSAR, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 960, FAMP 2/2009, 17-Dec-09
To access these cases please click on the HKCFAR citation
Thomson Reuters has entered into an agreement with MOLEG the Ministry of Government Legislation in Korea, marking the start of a new era for the South Korean government and an important stepping stone to encouraging new business and opening up Korean legal information to the world.
Thomson Reuters, Legal and The Korean Ministry of Government Legislation will work closely to develop and publish an English statute book on green growth and foreign investment, sharing vital policies with the International community. These books will be distributed to foreign heads of states and their retinues at the G20 Summit to be held in Korea in November. Mr Hwang SangCheol, Statuatory Information Policy Officer from the Korean Ministry of Government Legislation believes this will be a valuable chance to publicise his country’s policies and systems: ”In what is already a technologically advanced society South Korea is attracting more and more interest from foreign investors. It is expected that this agreement will allow us to provide vital information on Korean policies and systems that are so urgently needed by foreign investment companies and businesses in Korea.”
Klaus Pfeifer, Managing Director Thomson Reuters, Legal North Asia commented: “As one of the biggest legal publishers in North Asia, we are well prepared to support the Korean Ministry of Government Legislation in its efforts to disseminate English translations of Korean laws across the globe.”
Tony Kinnear, SVP Asia, Thomson Reuters, Legal added: “This is an important initiative for Thomson Reuters. As a growing number of businesses are attracted to Korea the need for English translations will continue to rise. Thomson Reuters, Legal is committed to provide this information to our customers.”
For further information please contact:
Tel: +852 3762 3233