You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Competition Law’ tag.
Westlaw HK would like to wish the Hong Kong legal profession a very Happy New Year and best wishes for a prosperous 2011!
2010 saw a lot of enhancements to Westlaw HK following its initial launch including:
- A new citator service with new easy to use icons, enhanced history and more case cross-referencing
- New browse functionality
- Addition of comprehensive PDF coverage for HKLRD and HKCFAR back to 1905 (The largest collection available!)
- Addition of The Law & Practice of Hong Kong Companies (Online Book)
- Addition of Chitty on Contracts: Hong Kong Specific Contracts (Online Book)
- Addition of Competition Law in China and Hong Kong (Online Book)
- Addition of Employment Law & Practice in China (Online Book)
- Addition of Principles and Practice of Civil Procedure in Hong Kong to core Westlaw HK Subscription (Online Book)
- Addition of UK Annotated Statutes as an add-on subscription
- Simplified Historical law searching and browsing back to 1997
- Simpler Alerts
- iPad, iPhone and Blackberry all supported
- Integration of Hong Kong, China, Regional and International News to the Hong Kong subscription
- Increase of UK journals coverage to 110 full text journals
- Addition of further UK law report series
- Addition of Hansard to UK Current Awareness
Add to this some of the fantastic UK commentary resources we made available on Westlaw HK including:
- The Common Law Library
- UK Civil Procedure Commentary (inc. The White Book & Bullen Leake & Jacobs Precedents of Pleadings)
- UK Corporate Business Commentary (inc. Palmer’s Company Law)
- UK Crime Commentary (inc. Archbold)
- UK Insolvency Commnentary (inc. Totty & Moss and Sealy & Milman)
- UK Intellectual Property Commentary (inc. Terrell on the Law of Patents, Copinger & Skone James on Copyright and Kerly on the Law of Trade Marks & Trade Names)
- UK International Commercial Aribtration (inc. Redfern & Hunter)
- UK Landlord and Tenant (inc. Woodfall)
We also have a lot in store for Westlaw HK in 2011 which we hope will help you to achieve your goals.
These enhancements will include (amongst other things):
- The addition of the full coverage of the Authorised Hong Kong Chinese Law Reports with Translations (HKCLRT) including PDFs to Westlaw HK’s Hong Kong Law Reports Database.
- All the Authorised Hong Kong Law Reports & Digest cases in 2011
- All the Authorised Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal Reports cases in 2011
- Comprehensive unreported judgments coverage.
- Hong Kong Civil Procedure (The Hong Kong White Book) 2011
- 3 Volumes of the Hong Kong Law Journal
- Plus much more…
Plus we have received some fantastic feedback from users of the new Westlaw HK and we are really pleased to know that legal research did get easier with the new Westlaw HK!
We are also taking on board customer suggestions for future enhancements so would like to thank those people who have fed back some suggestions.
So keep an eye on the blog and your Westlaw Edge emails for more details on our future developments
All our best wishes for a prosperous 2011!
The Westlaw HK Team
Looking for legal journals online? Westlaw HK has all you need!
Over the last year we have added a whole host of journals to the UK Journals collection on Westlaw HK. The largest collection of its kind in Hong Kong; many of these provide broad topical coverage, whilst many of these are more focused on a particular practice area.
With the legal journals available on Westlaw HK you can access analytical materials across the spectrum of legal issues and practice areas. More than just restatements of the law, these provide authoritative and current commentary on the legal issues of today. Their regularity ensures you are always up to date with the latest issues. The breadth of coverage ensures you have comprehensive legal analysis at your fingertips.
Contact us today to trial Westlaw HK and try out our Journals collections.
Tel: +852 3762 3222
Current Hong Kong, UK & European coverage:
Westlaw HK is pleased to announce the addition of West’s Series on Contemporary Chinese Law to the Hong Kong subscription. This provides a gateway into Chinese economic, business, criminal and tax law. Chinese legal scholars provide an introduction to law in the People’s Republic of China.
Through this new series, Westlaw HK customers will gain a better knowledge of each major legal area needed to start doing business in China. Beginning with basic fundamentals and then working into more complex concepts, this new series is specifically designed for those who are not yet in China, but looking to establish a presence.