You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘journals’ tag.
We are also pleased to announce the addition of 2 more full-text journals which are available for you to use now. All Existing Westlaw HK subscribers with access to the UK Primary Law add-on will benefit from this extended content coverage. Any new Westlaw HK subscribers taking the same add-on can also benefit from this content.
Contact us to request a free trial: Tel: +852 3762 3222 / email@example.com
Begins with 2004
The Journal of Criminal Law provides detailed analysis of what is happening in the courts-at every level from magistrates’ court right up to the Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights.
The Journal of Criminal Law is a practical tool for students, lecturers and practitioners alike. It provides detailed analysis of what is happening in the courts – at every level from magistrates’ court right up to the Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights.
Containing case notes, commentary and articles the journal is for anyone involved in the study, practice and administration of criminal law.
Begins with 2004
The Police Journal discusses the issues at the heart of policing and offers practical advice on how to tackle them.
Written by experts and read by the decision-makers, the Police Journal offers commentary on a wide range of subjects: police procedure, IT, crime statistics, current practices, and new laws affecting policy.
The Police Journal is for all decision- and policy-makers, both within the police service and those working with the profession.
We are delighted to announce the Hong Kong Law Journal Volume 42 – Part 1 is now on Westlaw.
To access the Journal please click on the citation (login to Westlaw HK with your username and password for seamless access).
With the addition of further law journals including:
- European Constitutional Law Review
- Hague Journal on the Rule of Law
- Irish Jurist
The full list now includes journals covering an extremely broad set of practice areas and legal topics, delivers current legal analysis on the topics of importance to lawyers in Hong Kong, and provides more than 10 times the coverage of our largest competitor. All 120 are part of the core Westlaw HK and UK service.
The full list includes:
Click any of the titles below to access the search page for the journal on Westlaw HK. Non-subscribers can contact +852 3762 3222 to request a trial, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- African Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Archbold News
- Archbold Review
- British Journal of Criminology
- British Tax Review
- Busy Practitioner
- Cambridge Law Journal
- Civil Justice Quarterly
- Civil Procedure News
- Communications Law
- Company Law Newsletter
- Company Lawyer
- Compliance Officer Bulletin
- Computer and Telecommunications Law Review
- Construction Law Journal
- Construction Newsletter
- Conveyancer and Property Lawyer
- Coventry Law Journal
- Criminal Law Forum
- Criminal Law Review
- Criminal Lawyer
- EU Focus
- Ecclesiastical Law Journal
- Edinburgh Law Review
- Employment Law Bulletin
- Entertainment Law Review
- Environmental Law Review
- European Business Organization Law Review
- European Competition Law Review
- European Constitutional Law Review
- European Human Rights Law Review
- European Intellectual Property Review
- European Journal of International Law
- European Journal of Law & Economics
- European Law Review
- European Lawyer
- European Newsletter
- Global Competition Litigation Review
- Hague Journal on the Rule of Law
- Health & Safety at Work
- Hong Kong Law Journal
- Human Rights Law Review
- Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Law
- Industrial Law Journal
- Insolvency Intelligence
- Insolvency Lawyer
- Intellectual Property Quarterly
- International & Comparative Law Quarterly
- International Arbitration Law Review
- International Banking Law
- International Banking and Financial Law
- International Business Law Journal
- International Company and Commercial Law Review
- International Energy Law & Taxation Review
- International Energy Law Review
- International Insurance Law Review
- International Journal of Constitutional Law
- International Journal of Evidence & Proof
- International Journal of Law & Information Technology
- International Journal of Law in Context
- International Journal of Law in the Built Environment
- International Journal of Law, Policy and the Family
- International Journal of Refugee Law
- International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law
- International Sports Law Review
- International Trade Law & Regulation
- Irish Jurist
- Journal of African Law
- Journal of Business Law
- Journal of Competition Law & Economics
- Journal of Conflict & Security Law
- Journal of Environmental Law
- Journal of Financial Crime
- Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance
- Journal of Housing Law
- Journal of Immigration Asylum and Nationality Law
- Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation
- Journal of International Banking Law
- Journal of International Criminal Justice
- Journal of International Dispute Settlement
- Journal of International Economic Law
- Journal of International Financial Markets
- Journal of International Trade Law & Policy
- Journal of Law, Economics & Organization
- Journal of Local Government Law
- Journal of Money Laundering Control
- Journal of Personal Injury Law
- Journal of Personal Injury Litigation
- Journal of Planning & Environment Law
- Journal of Refugee Studies
- Journal of Social Security Law
- Kemp News
- Landlord & Tenant Review
- Law & Philosophy
- Law Quarterly Review
- Law, Probability & Risk
- Legal Information Management
- Leiden Journal of International Law
- Medical Law Review
- Medico-Legal Journal of Ireland
- Oxford Journal of Legal Studies
- Planning and Environmental Law Bulletin
- Private Client Business
- Professional Negligence
- Property Law Bulletin
- Public Law
- Public Procurement Law Review
- Res Publica
- Scots Law Times
- Scottish Criminal Law
- Sentencing News
- Statute Law Review
- Trust Law International
- UCL Jurisprudence Review
- VAT Digest
- WIPO Journal
- Woodfall Landlord & Tenant Bulletin
- World Trade Review
Westlaw HK would like to wish the Hong Kong legal profession a very Happy New Year and best wishes for a prosperous 2011!
2010 saw a lot of enhancements to Westlaw HK following its initial launch including:
- A new citator service with new easy to use icons, enhanced history and more case cross-referencing
- New browse functionality
- Addition of comprehensive PDF coverage for HKLRD and HKCFAR back to 1905 (The largest collection available!)
- Addition of The Law & Practice of Hong Kong Companies (Online Book)
- Addition of Chitty on Contracts: Hong Kong Specific Contracts (Online Book)
- Addition of Competition Law in China and Hong Kong (Online Book)
- Addition of Employment Law & Practice in China (Online Book)
- Addition of Principles and Practice of Civil Procedure in Hong Kong to core Westlaw HK Subscription (Online Book)
- Addition of UK Annotated Statutes as an add-on subscription
- Simplified Historical law searching and browsing back to 1997
- Simpler Alerts
- iPad, iPhone and Blackberry all supported
- Integration of Hong Kong, China, Regional and International News to the Hong Kong subscription
- Increase of UK journals coverage to 110 full text journals
- Addition of further UK law report series
- Addition of Hansard to UK Current Awareness
Add to this some of the fantastic UK commentary resources we made available on Westlaw HK including:
- The Common Law Library
- UK Civil Procedure Commentary (inc. The White Book & Bullen Leake & Jacobs Precedents of Pleadings)
- UK Corporate Business Commentary (inc. Palmer’s Company Law)
- UK Crime Commentary (inc. Archbold)
- UK Insolvency Commnentary (inc. Totty & Moss and Sealy & Milman)
- UK Intellectual Property Commentary (inc. Terrell on the Law of Patents, Copinger & Skone James on Copyright and Kerly on the Law of Trade Marks & Trade Names)
- UK International Commercial Aribtration (inc. Redfern & Hunter)
- UK Landlord and Tenant (inc. Woodfall)
We also have a lot in store for Westlaw HK in 2011 which we hope will help you to achieve your goals.
These enhancements will include (amongst other things):
- The addition of the full coverage of the Authorised Hong Kong Chinese Law Reports with Translations (HKCLRT) including PDFs to Westlaw HK’s Hong Kong Law Reports Database.
- All the Authorised Hong Kong Law Reports & Digest cases in 2011
- All the Authorised Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal Reports cases in 2011
- Comprehensive unreported judgments coverage.
- Hong Kong Civil Procedure (The Hong Kong White Book) 2011
- 3 Volumes of the Hong Kong Law Journal
- Plus much more…
Plus we have received some fantastic feedback from users of the new Westlaw HK and we are really pleased to know that legal research did get easier with the new Westlaw HK!
We are also taking on board customer suggestions for future enhancements so would like to thank those people who have fed back some suggestions.
So keep an eye on the blog and your Westlaw Edge emails for more details on our future developments
All our best wishes for a prosperous 2011!
The Westlaw HK Team
Looking for legal journals online? Westlaw HK has all you need!
Over the last year we have added a whole host of journals to the UK Journals collection on Westlaw HK. The largest collection of its kind in Hong Kong; many of these provide broad topical coverage, whilst many of these are more focused on a particular practice area.
With the legal journals available on Westlaw HK you can access analytical materials across the spectrum of legal issues and practice areas. More than just restatements of the law, these provide authoritative and current commentary on the legal issues of today. Their regularity ensures you are always up to date with the latest issues. The breadth of coverage ensures you have comprehensive legal analysis at your fingertips.
Contact us today to trial Westlaw HK and try out our Journals collections.
Tel: +852 3762 3222
Current Hong Kong, UK & European coverage:
We are pleased to announce the addition of two further full text journals to Westlaw.
The Medico Legal Journal of Ireland
Published by Thomson Roundhall, this journal is now available for you to view in full text. The aim and scope of this journal is to inform professionals of current legal and ethical issues related to patient care and also provides an academic and scientific forum for practitioners and academics to debate medico-legal issues of importance to individuals and society as a whole.
This journal covers the diverse areas where medicine and law meet. This specialty otherwise known as Forensic Medicine or medical jurisprudence includes:
- Medical Law & Legal Medicine
- Forensic Science
- Medical Ethics
- Road Traffic Law
- Clinical Forensic Science
- Prescribing Law
- Forensic Pathology
- Healthcare Legislation
Topics of interest which are covered by the Medico-Legal Journal of Ireland include: patient consent and confidentiality, professional negligence, mental health law, reproductive Medicine, child abuse, DNA profiling, forensic wounds, coroners inquests and drug abuse.
Coverage on Westlaw begins in 1995.
The European Lawyer
This journal, published by Polyview Media Ltd, is also now available for you to view. Europe’s foremost monthly legal journal is for and about the business of law and the decision-makers who influence and shape the profession.
The European Lawyer provides the international legal profession with an important platform to voice opinion on a broad range of issues affecting the expansion and integration of the European single market and its relationship with global markets.
Coverage on Westlaw UK begins in 2000
These journals are both available in the UK Primary Law subscription which is available as an add-on to the core Westlaw HK subscription