You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘News’ tag.
The following Hong Kong legislation updates are now available on Westlaw HK:
Westlaw HK contains over 560 news, business and trade publications, broken down into Hong Kong and China News, Regional News and International News. Wider news coverage is avaliable in Westlaw International.
The News section does not solely contain legal information, but anything that you would expect to see in news bulletins here and around the world.
Use the Advanced Search to find a specific headline item or lead paragraph.
Results are displayed in reverse chronological order, with the source and date reported under the headline
To see the news on a specific day in the past, simply enter your search terms and then under Date, enter the day, month and year which you are interested in seeing
If you find your search is bringing back to many results, you can either use the browse functionality to drill down to the sources you want to search and then type in your terms or type in the publication if they were not listed then type in your terms.
Westlaw HK is pleased to announce that we are now including News, Deals and Appointments articles from Asian Legal Business in the Hong Kong Current Awareness service on Westlaw HK.
Hong Kong Current Awareness keeps you up to date with all the legislative and regulatory developments in Hong Kong as well as new case law as it is published by the Judiciary. Now we go even further to keep you up-to-date.
ALB Legal News will keep you informed of all the key deals taking place, which firms are representing which parties, the latest lateral moves from across the region, and will provide you with content that explores the commercial implications of legal changes, developments and trends.
With approximately 4-5 articles per day and with coverage that extends beyond Hong Kong into China, India and SE Asia, this is a significant addition to the Westlaw HK Current Awareness service will provide value to litigators, corporate lawyers, business development teams and librarians in general.
Visit Westlaw HK today and click on Current Awareness to see what is new from ALB!
Content will be initially loaded as ‘Press Releases’.
Don’t have Current Awareness in your subscription? Contact us for more information on how to subscribe!
Tel: +852 3762 3222
Westlaw HK would like to wish the Hong Kong legal profession a very Happy New Year and best wishes for a prosperous 2011!
2010 saw a lot of enhancements to Westlaw HK following its initial launch including:
- A new citator service with new easy to use icons, enhanced history and more case cross-referencing
- New browse functionality
- Addition of comprehensive PDF coverage for HKLRD and HKCFAR back to 1905 (The largest collection available!)
- Addition of The Law & Practice of Hong Kong Companies (Online Book)
- Addition of Chitty on Contracts: Hong Kong Specific Contracts (Online Book)
- Addition of Competition Law in China and Hong Kong (Online Book)
- Addition of Employment Law & Practice in China (Online Book)
- Addition of Principles and Practice of Civil Procedure in Hong Kong to core Westlaw HK Subscription (Online Book)
- Addition of UK Annotated Statutes as an add-on subscription
- Simplified Historical law searching and browsing back to 1997
- Simpler Alerts
- iPad, iPhone and Blackberry all supported
- Integration of Hong Kong, China, Regional and International News to the Hong Kong subscription
- Increase of UK journals coverage to 110 full text journals
- Addition of further UK law report series
- Addition of Hansard to UK Current Awareness
Add to this some of the fantastic UK commentary resources we made available on Westlaw HK including:
- The Common Law Library
- UK Civil Procedure Commentary (inc. The White Book & Bullen Leake & Jacobs Precedents of Pleadings)
- UK Corporate Business Commentary (inc. Palmer’s Company Law)
- UK Crime Commentary (inc. Archbold)
- UK Insolvency Commnentary (inc. Totty & Moss and Sealy & Milman)
- UK Intellectual Property Commentary (inc. Terrell on the Law of Patents, Copinger & Skone James on Copyright and Kerly on the Law of Trade Marks & Trade Names)
- UK International Commercial Aribtration (inc. Redfern & Hunter)
- UK Landlord and Tenant (inc. Woodfall)
We also have a lot in store for Westlaw HK in 2011 which we hope will help you to achieve your goals.
These enhancements will include (amongst other things):
- The addition of the full coverage of the Authorised Hong Kong Chinese Law Reports with Translations (HKCLRT) including PDFs to Westlaw HK’s Hong Kong Law Reports Database.
- All the Authorised Hong Kong Law Reports & Digest cases in 2011
- All the Authorised Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal Reports cases in 2011
- Comprehensive unreported judgments coverage.
- Hong Kong Civil Procedure (The Hong Kong White Book) 2011
- 3 Volumes of the Hong Kong Law Journal
- Plus much more…
Plus we have received some fantastic feedback from users of the new Westlaw HK and we are really pleased to know that legal research did get easier with the new Westlaw HK!
We are also taking on board customer suggestions for future enhancements so would like to thank those people who have fed back some suggestions.
So keep an eye on the blog and your Westlaw Edge emails for more details on our future developments
All our best wishes for a prosperous 2011!
The Westlaw HK Team
In this video, some Westlaw HK customers explain how the new Westlaw HK is already making a difference to their legal research and practice efficiency and how it is starting to help the legal profession deliver “confident and succint advice” to its clients.
Contact us today to request a trial of the New Westlaw HK
Tel: +852 3762 3222
The following cases from The Authorised Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal Reports (HKCFAR) service are now available on Westlaw HK:
- Luo Xing Juan v Estate of Hui Shui See, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 1, FACV 32/2007, 16-Jun-08
- Cheung Pui Yuen v Worldcup Investments Inc, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 31, FACV 34/2007, 29-Oct-08
- China Field Ltd v Appeal Tribunal (Buildings) (No 1), (2009) 12 HKCFAR 68, FAMV 78 and 79/2008, 2-Feb-09
- Karaha Bodas Co LLC v Perusahaan Pertambangan Minyak Dan Gas Bumi Negara, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 84, FACV 6/2008, 5-Dec-08
- PCCW-HKT Telephone Ltd v Aitken, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 114, FACV 27/2008, 13-Feb-09
- Peconic Industrial Development Ltd v Lau Kwok Fai, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 139, FACV 17 and 18/2008, 27-Feb-09
- Ming An Insurance Co (HK) Ltd v Ritz-Carlton Ltd (No 2), (2009) 12 HKCFAR 158, FACV 21/2008, 19-Dec-08
- Carewins Development (China) Ltd v Bright Fortune Shipping Ltd, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 185, FACV 13 and 14/2008, 12-May-09
- Wong Kwok Wang Warren v HKSAR, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 218, FACC 6/2008, 14-May-09
- Lam Siu Po v Commissioner of Police, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 237, FACV 9/2008, 26-Mar-09
- Ngai Lik Electronics Co Ltd v Commissioner of Inland Revenue, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 296, FACV 29/2008, 24-Jul-09
- China Field Ltd v Appeal Tribunal (Buildings) (No 2), (2009) 12 HKCFAR 342, FACV 2/2009, Final Appeal (Civil) 3/2009, 13-Oct-09
- Akai Holdings Ltd v Ernst & Young, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 376, FACV 10/2009, 30-Oct-09
- Shui On Credit Co Ltd v Commissioner of Inland Revenue, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 392, FACV 1/2009, 30-Nov-09
- Tradepower (Holdings) Ltd v Tradepower (Hong Kong) Ltd, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 417, FACV 5/2009, 30-Nov-09
- WLK v TMC (No 1), (2009) 12 HKCFAR 473, FAMV 50/2009, 3-Dec-09
- Wong Chi King v HKSAR, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 481, FACC 10/2008, 27-Feb-09
- Cai Zong Gang v HKSAR, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 494, FACC 4/2008, 9-Mar-09
- Cheung Chi Keung v HKSAR, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 502, FACC 9/2008, 12-Mar-09
- Goldlion Properties Ltd v Regent National Enterprises Ltd, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 512, FACV 10/2008, 25-Jun-09
- Brian Alfred Hall v HKSAR, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 562, FACC 12/2008, 8-Jul-09
- HKSAR v Cheung Kwun Yin, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 568, FACC 11/2008, 17-Jul-09
- Leung Lai Fong v Ho Sin Ying, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 581, FACV 4/2009, 24-Jul-09
- Chiu Hoi Po v Commissioner of Police, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 597, FACV 9/2009, 24-Jul-09
- David John Kennedy v Kelly Cheng, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 601, FACV 30/2008, 20-Oct-09
- Re Moulin Global Eyecare Holdings Ltd, (2009) 12 HKCFAR 621, FACV 14/2009, 26-Nov-09
Westlaw International Users: The Citations above will link you directly to the documents. Simply enter your OnePass Username and Password at the sign-in screen.
Westlaw HK Users: To access these cases please login to Westlaw HK at www.westlaw.com.hk and enter your Westlaw HK Username and Password, click on ‘Cases’ and then enter the citation in the ‘Citation’ search field. The case will then be retrieved.
In this episode Natalie Lee, Online Legal Editor, provides an overview of the facts of this newly reported case from the Authorised Hong Kong Law Reports & Digest (HKLRD).
HKLRD is uniquely available online through Westlaw HK. Westlaw HK provides access to PDF versions of the Authorised Hong Kong Law Reports & Digest cases so you can use these in court.
Existing users can access this case at: Hummingbird Music Ltd v Acconci  1 HKLRD 587
To request a trial please contact us at +852 3762 3222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the first of a series of episodes of a new pilot video news service, entitled Westlaw HK News. In this first episode, Natalie Lee, Online Legal Editor for Sweet & Maxwell and Westlaw HK, briefly outlines what the coverage of the news service will be.
Last Monday, 1st February, saw Raymond Leung and Annita Mau, General Editor and Contributing Editor [respectively] of the the Hong Kong Mediation Handbook interviewed on RTHK Radio 3’s popular Morning Brew show by Presenter, Phil Whelan.
At Westlaw HK we are proud to launch the first Student Representative Programme in Hong Kong. We have worked closely with the three major universities in Hong Kong to develop the programme and to select the first Westlaw Student Representatives.
This programme is especially important to us because it helps us to give something back to the legal community with whom we work so closely. By providing advanced training to the Westlaw Student Representatives, we are helping them to get a head-start in their legal careers. Equally, the overall programme enables them to provide assistance to their peers and thereby enhance the general understanding of Hong Kong’s graduating law students on how to perform online legal research. These are, after all, the trainees of the future who will be carrying out lots of the legal research for the firms in which they start to practice.